Tuesday, May 10, 2011

1st RIDE! Just a little tidbit, from a few weeks ago...


The View from between George's ears! And yes, I did think I was going to get a nosebleed being up that high! I've never been on a horse that was over 15.2, George is 17.2HH!

I was just really feeling a ride today so I did lots of prep with the mouting block, played lots of friendly and scratched his favorite itchy spot just about his withers, suffered two leg cramps, one in each leg mind you tossed my body weight on him for a bit and then hopped on! My sweet little boy was very much a LBI today (I told u guys it's like nailing jello to a wall!) I sat up there for about 10 minutes, phase one go and did a pushing passenger lesson at the walk for about 10 minutes! Oh, did I mention I was bareback?



Got off, gave him LOTS of cookies, and called it a day! Really, really REALLY fantastic for the first ride on my crazy off-the-track thoroughbred!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment